The other day I was cruising the meat department at the local grocers and found that their corned beed brisket was on sale. Not that this is a very expensive hunk of meat, but any sale on beef is just fine with me.
Of course, usually you’ll see me cook up this on the WSM or the stick burner so this time I wanted to cook with something a little different.
This is going to be a Crock Pot cook. Not everyone has a grill or a smoker to be cooking up some meat and a crock pot is something that I think most kitchens should have.
Here is how this was done.
Midnight Espresso Corned Beef in the Crock Pot
3 lb Corned Beef Brisket
4 Carrots / peeled & chopped into 3” pieces
6 Small Red Potatoes / unpeeled
1 Spanish Onion / rough chopped
3 TBS Yellow Mustard
2 - 3 TBS Tango Spice Midnight Espresso
1 Small Head Cabbage / cored & quartered
1/4 Cup Water
1/2 Cup Honey
2 TBS Grainy Mustard
2 tsp Horseradish
1 TBS Worcestershire Sauce
1 TBS Tango Spice Midnight Espresso
1. Rinse the corned beef under cold water and pat dry.
2. Place the corned beef, fat side down in a 6 quart crock pot.
3. Add the potatoes, onions and carrots around the beef.
4. Spread yellow mustard over the top of the corned beef.
5. Pour the beer around the beef.
6. Sprinkle Midnight Espresso over top the beef, veggies.
7. Cook on low for 7 hours.
8. Remove the lid and add the cabbage wedges, cut side down.
9. Cook for 1 more hour.
10. Remove meat from the crock pot and set aside. Tent with foil
11. With slotted spoon, remove veggies to a bowl.
12. Stain juices into a medium pot.
13. Place the pot over high heat.
14. Bring to a boil, add the 1/4 cup water, honey, grainy mustard, horseradish, Worcestershire, Midnight Espresso and mix.
15. Lower to a simmer & reduce the sauce by half 20 - 25 minutes.
16. Slice the meat against the grain and serve with the glaze.
I have to say that this was a good dinner, very tasty and hearty. The one thing is that the corned beef shredded as I sliced it so the next time I may back off an hour on the initial cook time. The taste was awesome, and the left overs were even better.
I hope that you give this a try, as crock season is here!
As Always, Thank You For Reading!
|Gather Your Ingredients!|
|Coated In Midnight Espresso!|
|Gotta Have Carrots!|
|Onions & Mustard!|
|Had To Add More Midnight Espresso|
|Dinner Is Served!|